I’m not making this up.
The president of our university forwarded some flashy brochures he received from Virendra Rawat, Indian founder and director of the global “Green Schools” concept. They are auditioning for young females to compete to become “Miss Climate – 2018”.
Hmm. There is so much to say, and the letter raises so many questions, one hardly knows where to begin…
The letter is addressed to “Dear Sir” (I suspect many universities are run by females);
The qualifications are young females 18-25 years old, with a minimum height of 5′ 5″, unmarried.
1) Can contestants self-identify as female, 18-25, and of minimum height 5’5″ tall?
2) Is the former IPCC director Rajendra Pachauri involved in this in any way? It sounds like something he’d have some interest in.
3) Will the contestants’ knowledge of global environmental concerns be up to the standards of, say, the world peace concerns of the Miss America contestants?
4) Given the global warming theme, will there be a — ahem — heat level requirement of some type for contestants?
5) Will Anthony Watts enter his dog Kenji in the competition? (At least Kenji is a card-carrying member of the Union of Concerned Scientists).
I’m sure others can think of additional questions which naturally arise from this announced beauty pageant. For now, my jaw is still rising up from the floor.
via Roy Spencer, PhD.
July 27, 2018 at 10:07AM