From the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy: “OSTP seeks information to help improve the effectiveness of Federal scientific integrity policies to enhance public trust in science.” Once I stopped spitting up my coffee, I came up with 10 principles based on my 30+ years of working in the sewer of government science that I submitted to OSTP. Please support Junkcience.com!
OSTP should adopt the following 10 basic principles:
- Stop government-funded scientists from lying.
- Stop covering up when lying and or mistakes occur.
- Minimize/stop taxpayer funding of scientific research.
- Make all taxpayer-funded research data and all taxpayer-funded studies available free-of-charge on the Internet.
- Require that federal agencies clearly distinguish and explain science policy vs. actual science knowledge in all discussions of science.
- Require that government-funded scientists and agencies respond in detail to specific criticism of their research and scientific claims.
- Require that federal scientific advisory committees be balanced in terms of views, interests and backgrounds.
- Bar taxpayer-funded researchers and their colleagues from serving on advisory committees or otherwise participating in peer review of their own, their colleagues’, their institution’s and their funding agency’s research.
- Strictly enforce the Nuremberg Code when human research is conducted.
- Conduct an annual review of the actual costs and benefits of taxpayer-funded research and report the results to the public.
July 28, 2021 at 06:36PM