EVs: doing away with the engine, but not the combustion?
By Ronald Stein ~
In the wake of a series of severe EV battery fires, one of the largest vehicle manufacturers in the world,General Motors has just issued safety recommendations for Bolt EV’s:
- Not to park your Chevy Bolt within 50 feet of other vehiclesin case it catches fire.
- Highlyrecommends that Bolt EV owners not to park within 50 feet of anything you care about.
- Recommends parking on the top floor or on an open-air deck and park 50 feet or more away from another vehicle.
- RequestsBolt EV owners to not leave their vehicle charging unattended, even if they are using a charging station in a parking deck.
General Motors previouslytold Bolt owners
- to onlycharge the battery to 90 percent,
- charge more frequently,
- and avoid depleting the battery below about 70 miles of remaining range.
- And that they should also park the vehicle outside.
The recent General Motorssafety…
View original post 705 more words
via Tallbloke’s Talkshop
October 2, 2021 at 08:24AM