“We, the Republican Party voters of Harris County Texas, urge the Texas legislature to enact laws protecting Texans from the Green New Deal and further subsidization of wind farms in Texas…”
The massive overreach of the Green New Deal, brought to life by the radical left in charge of the Biden Administration, has provoked an opposite reaction by Republicans at all levels of government. Witness a recent counter-offensive by Harris County (Houston) Republicans, who have had enough of the government-enabled takeover of the Texas grid by industrial wind turbines, a story that goes back to Enron’s Ken Lay and a number of pragmatic Republican politicians, led by George W. Bush and Rick Perry.
Note that government favor is being replaced by government disfavor in the proposal given that local officials are powerless to repeal the federal Production Tax Credit (extended 13 times) and other privileges that empower wind.
The energy sections of the Resolution follow.
SENATE DISTRICT 15 RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE FINAL REPORT – 2022
Date: March 26th, 2022
Chairman Garcia and fellow convention delegates, the 2022 Resolutions Committee submits this final report for the 2022 Senate District 15 Convention.
BUSINESS, COMMERCE, AND TRANSPORTATION
1. RESOLVED: We, the Republican Party voters of Harris County Texas, support the implementation of mandatory wind farm and wind turbine bonding minimums set and enforced at the state level in Texas to ensure that counties in Texas do not pay to further subsidize the cost of wind farms and wind turbines decommissioning.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: We, the Republican Party voters of Harris County Texas, urge the Texas legislature to enact laws protecting Texans from the Green New Deal and further subsidization of wind farms in Texas with minimum mandatory bonding amounts set by the state with oversight from the existing Texas General Land Office agency or Texas Railroad Commission agency.
2. RESOLVED: We, the Republican Party voters of Harris County Texas, support the implementation of legislation in Texas requiring all components of wind turbines and wind farms to be recycled, specifically, all wind turbine blades utilized in Texas, and legislation should be written to terminate the disposal of wind turbine blades in landfills in Texas, requiring all turbine blades used in Texas to be recycled.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: We, the Republican Party voters of Harris County Texas, urge the Texas legislature to enact laws protecting Texas from the Green New Deal and further subsidization of wind farms in Texas.
3. RESOLVED: Texans support the completion and active operation of the Keystone XL Pipeline from Canada to Texas to increase America’s energy independence, provide national security, and support abundant, affordable, resilient, and energy-strong economy in Texas for all Texans to enjoy.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: Texans urge the legislature to pass laws to propel the Keystone XL Project forward and urge our elected officials at the Federal level to act immediately to increase the amount of crude oil coming from Canada to Texas refineries to bring more finished petroleum product to the American market for everyone during this energy crisis.
4. RESOLVED: The Texas Republican Party rejects and opposes President Biden’s America the Beautiful Program known as “30 x 30” and affirms our support for private property rights of all Texans and American citizens.
1. RESOLVED: We call upon our legislators to oppose any kind of vehicle mileage tax or road usage fee.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: We urge Congress to remove the pilot program and prohibit the imposition of such a tax or program.
2. RESOLVED: We, the Republican Party voters of Harris County Texas, support the repeal of any taxes associated with natural gas that was once being flared and gas that cannot be brought to a traditional midstream market and would otherwise be flared.
Whereas flared gas being set on fire and burned is not taxed in Texas and taxing the gas that was once being flared is contrary to the Republican Party of Texas’ belief in eliminating unnecessary taxes that constrict our free-market economies.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: We, the Republican Party voters of Harris County Texas, urge the Texas legislature to enact laws protecting Texans from unnecessary restraints and taxes by passing legislation to outlaw any taxes on gas that is being flared or was once being flared.
1. RESOLVED: That plank 313 “Daylight Saving Time: We urge the Texas Legislature to enact legislation to end Daylight Saving Time in Texas.” be removed.
2. RESOLVED: We urge the Texas Legislature to review all laws and regulations to reduce administrative, legal, and financial burdens and redundancies.
3. RESOLVED: No person elected to a law-making position can be a paid government influencing lobbyist at that level of government for 10 years
3. Pass legislation to abolish all forms of taxpayer-funded lobbying.
4. Pass legislation to restrict, limit, and provide oversight of emergency powers assumed by state and local governments.
9. We call upon our legislators to oppose any kind of vehicle mileage tax or road usage fee unless the vehicle mileage tax or road usage fee only applies to electric vehicles.
The post Texas Republicans: Backlash to Big Wind Brewing appeared first on Master Resource.
via Master Resource
April 15, 2022 at 01:07AM