Two Australian families end up in hospital trying to heat homes with coal burners

Do Australian Lives Matter?

Two families this week, one in Adelaide and one in Sydney, tried to heat their homes with charcoal barbecues. Thankfully no one died.

Four more people are rushed to hospital after burning COALS inside their home as the price of electricity soars

Sam McPhee, DailyMail Australia

A second Australian household have been rushed to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after attempting to warm their house with a charcoal burner – laying bare the reality of the country’s ongoing energy crisis.

Emergency services attended a home in Adelaide‘s Bedford Park on Friday morning after four people woke up feeling faint and suffering from nosebleeds. They had been attempting to warm their home overnight using a cooker. All four showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

It comes after a family of six from Sydney’s west were also hospitalised this week after using a burner to warm their granny flat.

His father said it was a response to rising gas prices in Australia.

Energy poverty can be deadly.

Four people “lucky to be alive” after indoor fire leaches carbon monoxide

Twenty South Australians have been admitted […]

via JoNova

https://ift.tt/ZLIuinc

July 23, 2022 at 10:28AM

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s